Dogs and cats both thrive on routine, so during the transition from summer to school, pets may feel a little stressed. However, knowing the signs of anxiety in pets can let you know how to help them so they’ll be back to normal in no time!
Signs of a stressed dog:
- carrying a clothing item around the house
- house soiling
Signs of a stressed cat:
- frequent meowing
- avoiding the litter box
- knocking items off the shelves
- having spats with other house cats
What to do:
- maintain walks, feeding time, and play time as usual
- talk to your vet because he or she will be able to detect any health issues that may be affecting your pet
- watch and see what exactly it is that is stressing out your pet, if anything specific
There’s nothing a little love (and advice from your vet) can’t fix!