Thank you for adopting from Butte Humane Society!
Choosing to adopt an animal from Butte Humane Society (BHS) is choosing to save lives, help reduce pet overpopulation, and most of all embrace happiness for yourself and your new pet.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment or visit us during our walk-in hours, Tuesday – Sunday from 12 pm – 4 pm.
Our adoption center has many wonderful animals, all breeds big and small, who are capable of bonding with your family. Our adoptable animals are grateful to be given another chance to be loyal adoring family companions. When you adopt from BHS, you not only gain a loving new friend, you also free up room for another homeless animal to become available for adoption.
BHS adoption counselors are here to help you find your perfect furry friend. Unlike “pass/fail” adoption applications, we strive to match people and animals through education and discovery. We accomplish this by conversation to create an effective, pleasant adoption experience – and most importantly, to make lasting matches.
By cross-referencing your needs with our adoptable pets’ existing personality profiles, we are able to help you find the right companion animal for your unique lifestyle and preferences.
If you are interested in adopting – learn what to expect during the process.
- Vaccinations: Up-to-date core vaccinations and preventative care as follows:
- Dogs: Bordetella, Da2PPl, and Rabies (if over 3 months old) vaccinations; de-wormer, flea prevention/heartworm prevention, heartworm test (if 6 months and older)
- Cats: FVRCP, Rabies (if over 3 months old) vaccinations; de-wormer, flea prevention, FeLV or FeLV/FIV test
- Spay or neuter
- Vet Exam: Free examination by our clinic veterinarian after adoption.
- Temperament Assessment: Personalized temperament assessment and recent health check. Note: We do not have the ability to test dogs with cats at the shelter.
- Behavior Consultation: It doesn’t stop when you adopt – receive behavior consultation with our staff as needed.
Butte Humane Society accepts cash and major credit/debit cards; we do not accept checks for adoption fees.
New adopters are provided an Adoption Day Offer when activated within 24 hours of their new pets adoption, offers immediate coverage with the comprehensive Trupanion medical insurance policy – which picks up 90% of eligible veterinary costs for all new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions, with no payout limits – this helps prepare new owners for unexpected veterinary costs.
OFFER BENEFITS FOR ADOPTERS:
- 30 days of comprehensive medical insurance. New pet owners can enjoy 90% coverage for all new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions with no payout limits.
- No cost or banking information required to activate. The pet owner activates the offer after their pet’s adoption and has 30 days to enroll in a fully paid month to month subscription based policy.
- Immediate coverage. Coverage begins the moment they activate the offer for all accidents or illnesses (*Illness coverage is extended to new conditions and medically disconnected conditions to something pre-existing.)