Thank you for adopting from Butte Humane Society!
Choosing to adopt an animal from Butte Humane Society (BHS) is choosing to save lives, help reduce pet overpopulation, save money, and most of all embrace happiness for yourself and your new pet.
We are limiting our contact with the public. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
Our adoption centers have many wonderful animals, all breeds big and small, who are capable of bonding with your family. Our adoptable animals are grateful to be given another chance to be loyal adoring family companions. When you adopt from BHS, you not only gain a loving new friend, you also free up room for another homeless animal to become available for adoption.
BHS adoption counselors are here to help you find your perfect furry friend. Unlike “pass/fail” adoption applications, we strive to match people and animals through education and discovery. We accomplish this by conversation to create an effective, pleasant adoption experience – and most importantly, to make lasting matches.
By cross-referencing your needs with our adoptable pet’s existing personality profiles, we are able to help you find the right companion animal for your unique lifestyle and preferences.
If you are interested in adopting – learn what to expect during the process.
Adoptions include over $500 worth of products and services:
- Vaccinations: Up-to-date core vaccinations and preventative care as follows:
- Dogs: Bordetella, Da2PPl, and Rabies (if over 3 months old) vaccinations; de-wormer, flea prevention/heartworm prevention, heartworm test (if 6 months and older)
- Cats: FVRCP, Rabies (if over 3 months old) vaccinations; de-wormer, flea prevention, FeLV or FeLV/FIV test
- Spay or neuter
- Vet Exam: Free examination by a participating local veterinarian after adoption.
- Temperament Assessment: Personalized temperament assessment and recent health check
- Insurance: $15 off the Lifetime Membership Plan from 24 Pet Watch Insurance
- Carrier: Cardboard carrier is included for cats – bring your own carrier and get $5 off your adoption!
- Behavior Consultation: It doesn’t stop when you adopt – receive behavior consultation with our staff as needed.
Butte Humane Society accepts cash and major credit/debit cards; we do not accept checks for adoption fees.