When pet owners are away, there are some things to keep in mind to make sure pets stay as happy as possible. Take a look at these five tips and ideas to make sure your pet stays safe and entertained while you’re gone!
- Try to take your dog on a walk before you leave, especially if you’ll be gone for a long amount of time. This way your pet gets their energy out while you’re with them and they can nap while you’re gone!
- Make sure your dog wears tags even while they’re at home. This could save a lot of stress and trouble if they ever got out or decided to run away while you’re gone.
- Check to make sure your pet has water and has been fed before you leave. Leave an extra treat or toy for them to distract themselves from your absence.
- Consider leaving the radio on. Sometimes light noise can help a dog or cat to relax and it can also drown out any annoying sounds from outside that might bother them.
- To give cats a space that’s all their own, try buying a cat tree to put in one spot of the room, and put toys in that area as well. This can be the cat’s spot to hang out, relax and play while you’re gone!