Create a Legacy of Compassion
The Legacy of Compassion program provides a way for you to leave your mark on Butte Humane Society's (BHS) mission by supporting it during your lifetime and beyond. Legacy of Compassion members are the supporters within our community who have chosen to provide for BHS in a will, trust, security, life insurance or retirement account.
The decision to include Butte Humane Society in your estate plan demonstrates a sincere commitment to our mission. As an animal lover and advocate, you can feel confident knowing that Butte Humane Society will go above and beyond to care, protect, and love the animals within our community. By leaving a legacy gift to Butte Humane Society, your generosity will provide for the future of our organization - and for thousands of homeless animals.
Support what matters to you:
- Adoption Program - We dedicate ourselves to matching individuals or families with pets that best suit their lifestyles; enhancing many lives at the same time.
- Low-Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic - Our efforts significantly reduce the quantity and suffering of homeless pets and empower the community to make healthy choices for their pets.
- Foster Care Program - Our foster volunteers rehabilitate sick or overly stressed animals and prepare puppies and kittens for adoption.
- Volunteer Program - In 2012 the BHS volunteer program had 384 active volunteers enriching the animals' lives through play time, socialization, and behavior exercises.
- Dorothy N. Johnson Second Medical Chance Fund - These funds allow us to nurse sick and injured animals back to health - all of which would not be adoptable without the extra love and care.
- Operational Expenses - Support our operational expenses, which maintain all of the programs previously mentioned.
Ways to create a Legacy of Compassion:
- Will or Trust Bequest - Designate a percentage of the total value of your estate or a specific dollar amount as a gift to Butte Humane Society.
- Real Estate - Name Butte Humane Society as the beneficiary or partial beneficiary of your property.
- Life Insurance Policy - Name BHS as the beneficiary of a no longer needed policy.
- Retirement Plan - Avoid losing a large part of your estate to taxes by naming Butte Humane Society as beneficiary or partial beneficiary.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts - Transfer assets to the trust and receive income for your lifetime while receiving a charitable deduction. After your death, the remainder of the trust is gifted to Butte Humane Society.
- Charitable Lead Trusts - Transfer assets to the trust that pays Butte Humane Society for a set number of years, which you choose. When the term is up,the remaining trust assets go to the beneficiary you select.
To start creating your personal Legacy of Compassion today, please contact Katrina Woodcox at 530.343.7917 x135 or via email.
To aid you as you make your bequest, please take a look at our sample bequest language.
Butte Humane Society Tax Information:
Butte Humane Society
2580 Fair Street
Chico, CA 95928
Federal Tax ID 94-1580621
We highly recommend you contact a financial planner, estate planning attorney, CPA, and/or tax advisor to decide which option is best for your particular financial situation.