Volunteering at Butte Humane Society can be a very rewarding experience for you and your family. To see the joy in an animal's eyes when you take a dog for a walk, scratch a kitty's belly or give bunny some love is an amazing and gratifying experience - for you AND them!
Volunteering is open to persons 16 years and older and ages 10-15 if accompanied by an adult over 18 years old.
** We take a small number of community service workers. Workers with a hard work ethic, who are reliable, and accountable. For more information contact Trent Burnham at 343-7917 x100 **
Volunteering is easy!
- Reserve your spot at the next volunteer orientation or training. Orientation and training space is limited.
*** No orientations will be held in April. Click here to find out why. ****
- Complete our online application
- If you are under the age of 18 please print and complete this volunteer application
- Here is what you can expect at orientation:
- An overview of the volunteer program
- In order to prepare you for volunteer shifts, a sign up sheet will be available for upcoming trainings
- Attend specialized trainings
- Schedule recurring shifts with the Volunteer Program Manager
- Start helping our animals and our community!
Volunteers are required to do at least SIX hours per month (usually three shifts) for at least SIX months. We need this commitment in order to provide the best consistent care for our animals.
If you cannot make the 6 & 6 commitment and feel that you have special circumstances and/or can provide meaningful help, there may be a volunteer opportunity right for you - please e-mail our Volunteer Program Manager or call 530-343-7917 ext 133.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Cat and Dog Care
- Cat and Dog Socialization
- Obedience For Adoptability - advanced dog training for current volunteers
- Adoption Counseling
- Animal Transport
- Foster Care (separate application required)
- Mobile Events
- Office/Publication Assistance
- Shelter Care/Maintenance
- Special Events & Fundraising
- Graphic Design, Marketing and PR
For more information about the volunteer program, contact our Volunteer Program Manager via e-mail today!
Become a Foster Parent!
Foster volunteers require a separate application process. If you are interested in fostering, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or to download a foster application, please visit the foster volunteer page.