I Found An Animal
If you have found a stray animal here is what you do immediately.
If the animal has tags:
- Check identification, name tag, registration tag and/or Microchip tag.
- If you find any identification, please contact the owner or City Of Chico Animal Services as soon as possible.
If the animal does not have any tags:
- Contact the City of Chico Animal Services
- Contact your local animal welfare organizations
- Contat your local veterinarians
- Make sure you give them a thorough description of the animal including when and where you found it
- Put an ad in the local paper under the "found section" with a thorough description of the animal including when and where you found it. Most papers offer this as a free service to the community
- Ask local radio stations as some make announcements regarding found pets