Foster an Animal
Butte Humane Society is dedicated to giving each animal another chance at a happy, healthy life. In many cases, fostering an animal outside of a kennel atmosphere is necessary for their optimum health and care. Please consider becoming a foster volunteer if you have the extra space and love to give to animals in need.
Foster Application- Click Here!
Types of foster cases include:
- Young puppies or kittens (with or without mothers) who are not yet old enough to be adopted (8 weeks old.)
- Babies or adults who are recovering from illness or surgery.
- Animals that are overly stressed or depressed
Fostering may be for you if you can answer yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you love animals?
- Have extra space in your home and extra time in your schedule?
- Do you have prior pet care experience?
- Are you in-between pets or thinking of adopting in the future?
- A frequent traveler who can't commit to long term pet ownership?
Foster Volunteer Requirements/Commitments:
Foster volunteers must complete an application and be approved by BHS staff before being added to our pool of foster families. Some animals may require previous experience or additional training. If you are interested in fostering, please contact our foster coordinator at email@example.com.
In order to be approved as a foster parent, you must meet the following requirements:
- Written and/or verbal approval of landlord (if you are renting)
- Provide transportation to and from BHS as needed for your foster animal
- Have a flexible schedule
- Commitment of at least six months to the program
- Complete a Foster Care Application
- Ability to lift, push, carry 15-20 pounds
- Ability to offer separation from your animals as needed
- Foster volunteers must first attend an orientation
Foster Applications - Click Here
Foster Wish List - Click Here