Foster an Animal
Butte Humane Society is dedicated to giving each animal another chance at a happy, healthy life. In many cases, fostering an animal outside of a kennel atmosphere is necessary for their optimum health and care. Please consider becoming a foster parent if you have the extra space and love to give to animals in need.
Types of animals needing fosters:
- Mother and nursing puppies or kittens
- Young puppies or kittens (without mothers) who are not yet old enough to be adopted (under 8 weeks old.)
- Bottle Babies - puppies or kittens under 6 weeks old which need to be fed every 2 hrs
- Babies or adults who are recovering from illness or surgery
- Animals that are overly stressed or depressed
Fostering may be for you, if you can answer yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you love animals?
- Have extra space in your home and extra time in your schedule?
- Do you have prior pet care experience?
- Are you in-between pets or thinking of adopting in the future?
- Are you not quite ready to commit to a full time pet but would like a temporary companion in the meantime?
If you are interested in becoming a Foster Parent, please follow the
1. Sign up for an upcoming Foster Orientation
2. Prepare your home for your new Foster Animal(s)
3. Provide love & care to your new Foster Animal(s)!
In order to become a foster parent you will need the following:
- Written and/or verbal approval of landlord (if you are renting)
- Provide transportation to and from BHS as needed for your foster animal
- Have a flexible schedule
- Valid CA license and insurance
- Ability to lift, push, carry 15-20 pounds
- Ability to offer separation from your animals as needed
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org